Mr Bruce Harding 905-770-7369
C/O Vishnu Mandir
8642 Yonge Street,
Richmond Hill, Ontario
For more information on Anand Bhavan Seniors Home, please call 905-770-7369 (Mr Bruce Harding).
Anand Bhavan Seniors Residence is a rental apartment building with 25 units. It was completed in 2010, and is owned and operated by Voice of the Vedas Cultural Sabha Inc., which established the Vishnu Mandir temple in the early 1980s.
Funding for this building was provided through the Affordable Housing Program, donations from the community, as well as other sources.
- All members in the household are at least 65 years old
- All household members are legal residents of Canada or refugee claimants
- No household member owes money to any social housing provider
- No household member is under a deportation, departure or exclusion order to leave Canada
- No household member has been convicted of an offence related to rent-geared-to-income assistance
- No household member has been found by a court of law or the Landlord and Tenant Board to have misrepresented their income for the purpose of rent geared-to-income assistance
- Tenants must be able to live independently in the unit, with or without support services
- The combined household income for all members of the household cannot be higher than the Household Income Limit set for Affordable Housing Program funded units by the Regional Municipality of York
- a copy of your Canadian birth certificate,
- landed immigrant papers, permanent resident card, or
- documents supporting your claim for refugee status
- I own my own home. Can I apply for a unit in Anand Bhavan?
- If you own your own home, you may apply to live in Anand Bhavan Seniors Residence.
Additional documentation must clearly show the amount of monthly income and the source for all household members. This may include, but is not limited to copies of the following:
- Letter from an employer, on company letterhead showing the firm’s address and telephone number, declaring the monthly income for each employed individual,
- Copies of recent bank statements showing deposits from pensions, allowances, government assistance and other sources,
- Copy of a current Ontario Drug Benefit card, and
- Copy of a recent Employment Insurance Itemized Statement of Benefits Paid
Affordable market rent units are offered to the most suitable household that is at the top of the list.
Households will be interviewed and must give approval for credit and landlord checks to be done before the unit is offered.
The building and all grounds are designated as non-smoking areas. This includes the apartment suites.
Units are furnished and include a refrigerator, cooktop, and microwave.
- Please Print Clearly.
- If you need more space to write your response, please attach a separate piece of paper.
- All sections must be completed in full. If you do not complete all sections of this application form, or do not include all citizenship documentation or income for all household members, we will send your application back without placing you on the waiting list.
Please make sure you have:
- Completed all sections of the form
- Signed pages 5 and 6
- Included copies of Canadian birth certificates, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, landed immigrant, permanent resident card or refugee claimant documents for ALL members of the household
- Provided confirmation of total household income before taxes for every household member that will be living in the unit
Your completed application can be mailed or delivered to:
Mr Bruce Harding 905-770-7369
Anand Bhavan Seniors Residence
c/o Vishnu Mandir
Attention: Bruce Harding / Robin Doobay
8642 Yonge Street
Richmond Hill, Ontario L4C 6Z4
Applications will not be accepted by fax.
If you are delivering your application, please submit it at the reception in the temple on the lower level and sign the form so we have a record of your application being submitted.