IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT – VISITING TEMPLE AS OF MON APR 19, 2021
Due to COVID-19 the number of Devotees allowed inside the premises will be limited to 10 in compliance with Govt. of Ontario restrictions.
Ongoing temple Navratri programs – 7th Navratra (Mon April 19 from 5:45pm to 8pm), Durga Ashtmi (Tue Apr 20th from 5:45pm to 8pm), Ram Navami (Wed Apr 21st from 9am to 1pm) and Hanuman Jayanti (Mon Apr 26th from 1 pm onwards) and our weekly pujas will continue to be available live on YouTube and Facebook.
Here is the link to access Vishnu Mandir live programs:
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO JOIN ANY OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EVENTS, OR VISIT THE TEMPLE DURING REGULAR HOURS FOR DARSHAN, YOU MUST CALL TEMPLE TO BOOK YOUR VISIT. PLEASE CALL 905-886-1724 DURING TEMPLE HOURS
FURNISHED 1 BEDROOM APT AVAIL. AT VISHNU MANDIR ANAND BHAVAN (SENIOR HOME) FROM MAY 1st
FURNISHED 1 BEDROOM APARTMENT AVAILABLE MAY 1ST.
BELOW MARKET RENT.
MEAL PLAN-KITCHENETTE-PARKING. STEPS TO VISHNU MANDIR NEAR YONGE AND HWY 7,
FOR DETAILS OR TO VIEW,
CONTACT BRUCE: 647-323-1589
JOB NO 1 and 2
If you are interested, please send your resume to
JOB # 1
Job Title: General Office Clerk
$18 per hour
Location: Vishnu Mandir–Richmond Hill, ON
Job Purpose Summary: Reporting to the Manager with responsibility for providing administrative and clerical support to management, including scheduling, prioritizing and coordinating day to day work performed by the staff and volunteers; preparing and processing correspondence, reports, minutes and presentations; tracking and monitoring project and program specific activities; maintaining the filing system; and distributing incoming and outgoing communications via mail and electronic media.
- Provides support to day-to-day business operations
- Answers incoming calls and utilizes Excel Spreadsheet to log information in accordance with program/service.
- Responds to inquiries or requests for information from other employees, units and the public.
- Manage transactions and inquiries with customers using cash register for the giftshop
- Distributes documents, maintains associated lists and issues receipts for monies received, as applicable to the program/service.
- Assists in various specialized project tasks related to program and service delivery, including database monitoring and project monitoring activities.
- Organizes meetings, prepare agendas, take minutes for internal meetings and meetings with external stakeholders/partners; prepares and distributes minutes to appropriate staff.
- Provides reception/switchboard relief and back-up duties to other clerical support positions, as required.
- Ad hoc duties as assigned.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Strong organizational skills and pays attention to detail
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Strong interpersonal/teamwork & communication skills
- Excellent time management/prioritization skills
- Thorough knowledge of general office procedures, including taking minutes, editing reports and correspondence, and electronic/manual records management file systems, including security measures.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
Cleaner – Full time
Vishnu Mandir – Richmond Hill, ON
$16.00 – $16.50 an hour – Permanent
Position Reports to: Operations Manager
- Customer service oriented
- Team player
- Great communicator
- Detailed oriented
- General cleaning, mopping, sweeping and vacuuming of common areas including reception, lobby, kitchen, offices and washrooms.
- Clean rails and glass in lobbies, stairwells and maintain corridors in clean and tidy order.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces and shared resources but not limited to doorknobs, door levels, counters, and table surfaces.
- Maintain the cleanliness of storage areas.
- Dispose of all garbage and recycling following proper procedures.
- Able to push, pull and lift moderate weight.
- To be Health & Safety conscious and report all safety hazards.
- Report all maintenance deficiencies for corrective action and complete some maintenance work.
- Perform other housekeeping duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, as requested by management.
- Day shift – 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Monday to Friday
- Cleaning: 2 years (Preferred)
JEETU’S MEMORIAL FUND
DEAR JEETU (MANDIR BANSURI PLAYER) passed away on Feb 5th
Vishnu Mandir has started a “JEETU’S MEMORIAL FUND” so that his friends and well wishers can express their sympathy and make a gesture in memory of the deceased. A death in the family often causes financial hardship and unexpected expenses, and such funding can help to relieve financial burdens. Please click the link below to contribute. You can use Interac E-transfer/paypal to donate. Please mention “Jeetu’s Memorial Fund”. All contributions are tax deductible. Please click below to contribute:
“JEETU’S MEMORIAL FUND”
DEAR JEETU (MANDIR BANSURI PLAYER) passed away on Feb 5th morning.
Vishnu Mandir has started a “JEETU’S MEMORIAL FUND” so that his friends and well wishers can express their sympathy and make a gesture in memory of the deceased. A death in the family often causes financial hardship and unexpected expenses, and such funding can help to relieve financial burdens. Please click the link below to contribute. You can use Interac E-transfer/paypal to donate. Please mention “Jeetu’s Memorial Fund”. The donations are tax deductible.
Please click the link below to contribute:
Dr. B. Doobay $500.00
Lotus Funeral Home: $2,000
Satya & Sham Arora: $250
Dear Meena, Radha and Shivom,
Vishnu Mandir management is sad to know about passing away of dear Jatinder Parkash (Jeetu). He was a great asset to the temple and served mandir for several years.
Praying that Mata Rani will give family much needed grace, strength and wisdom at the time like this.
Let us know if we can be of any help to you and family.
Please be assured of our prayers on your behalf.
With many blessings,
REMEMBERING MY FRIEND AND BROTHER JEETU. Created this painting in June 2012. Such a talented singer, world famous flutist, vibrant personality, yaaron ka yaar and great Mata devotee. – Parbhat Sood
TO REGISTER, PLEASE CLICK BELOW (LADIES ONLY)
Februray 13, 2021 (Updated due to the change in Spring break dates)
RE: THREE DAYS VIRTUAL SPRING BREAK CAMP – APRIL 13, 2021 to APRIL 15, 2021
Our 2020 Virtual Summer Camp was a tremendous success with over 55 children participating from Canada and the USA and we would like to thank you for making this possible.
With this in mind, we are pleased to announce that the Voice of the Vedas (VOV) Camp Committee will be hosting a three (3) days Virtual Spring Break Camp from April 13, 2021 to April 15, 2021. Our goal is to inspire our children in this Camp to view the changes around them as positive with full potential for growth within themselves and their surroundings.
As our world is transforming before our eyes, we will aim to remind our children of their role and the important part they play within this universal transformation. We will examine how the multiple facets of mankind, nature and life in general are evolving into patterns we have never experienced and demonstrate how the Sanatan Dharma values we teach at our Camp are at play and needed now more than ever before. We will also continue with the celebrations of festivals and accomplishments as one way to uplift and motivate against the anxieties caused by the constant changes and new norms. With the season of Spring and Holi occurring in March, Holi is the chosen festival of celebration.
In line with the Holi theme and teachings, we will bring forward qualities such as kindness, self-development, servitude, leadership, resilience, and adaptability as being key success factors to the changes within and around us. You can look forward to this exciting new Spring Camp that promises learning and activities such as cooking, crafts, story-telling and yoga – all in a fun way.
We hope you will join us as we are looking forward to spending this time together.
Please download the revised registration form (pl see below),fill out the attached registration form, scan and email to: [email protected]
VOV Camp Committee
TO DOWNLOAD THE REVISED REGISTRATION FORM, PLEASE CLICK BELOW:
MESSAGE FROM OMO PERSAUD /JANTY RAMKUMAR
Canada’s next Census of Population will take place in spring 2021.
Statistics Canada will be hiring across the country in every community, big and small, in preparation for the 2021 Census.
In the current context of COVID-19, we are committed to hiring locally and ensuring the safety of our employees and your community members at all times.
To assist you in promoting local jobs available in your community, please find attached recruitment material that you can print, post and share at your convenience.
Please tell your friends, members and family about census job opportunities, and encourage them to apply online.
Applications will be accepted beginning January 6, 2021 at www.census.gc.ca/jobs
Le prochain Recensement de la population du Canada aura lieu au printemps 2021.
Statistique Canada embauchera des personnes dans l’ensemble du pays dans toutes
les communautés, petites et grandes, en prévision du Recensement de 2021.
Dans le contexte actuel de la COVID-19, nous nous engageons à embaucher localement
ainsi qu’à assurer la sécurité de nos employés et des membres de votre communauté en tout temps.
Pour vous aider à promouvoir les emplois offerts dans votre communauté,
vous trouverez ci-joint des documents liés au recrutement que vous pourrez imprimer et afficher au moment qui vous conviendra.
Informez vos proches et amis des possibilités d’emploi dans le cadre du recensement, et encouragez-les à postuler en ligne.
Les candidatures seront acceptées à compter du 6 janvier 2021, à l’adresse www.recensement.gc.ca/emplois.
Recruitment Clerk – Toronto – Census 2021
Statistics Canada / Government of Canada
[email protected] / tel : 416-859-4633
Commis au recrutement – Toronto –Recensement 2021
Statistique Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
[email protected] / tel : 416-859-4633
Thanks for yours and your family continous support to your temple. Wish you both a long life full of good health and happines.
on behalf of VOV management
PS: Hope you like the image, just created for you.
Mrs Pushpa Khurana (1937 – 2020)
Visitation & Service