Job Title: General Office Clerk (Full-Time Permanent)
Job Purpose Summary: Reporting to the Manager with responsibility for providing administrative and clerical support to management, including scheduling, prioritizing and coordinating day to day work performed by the staff and volunteers; preparing and processing correspondence, reports, minutes and presentations; tracking and monitoring project and program specific activities; maintaining the filing system; and distributing incoming and outgoing communications via mail and electronic media.
- Provides support to day-to-day business operations
- Answers incoming calls and utilizes Excel Spreadsheet to log information in accordance with program/service.
- Responds to inquiries or requests for information from other employees, units and the public.
- Manage transactions and inquiries with customers using cash register for the giftshop
- Distributes documents, maintains associated lists and issues receipts for monies received, as applicable to the program/service.
- Assists in various specialized project tasks related to program and service delivery, including database monitoring and project monitoring activities.
- Organizes meetings, prepare agendas, take minutes for internal meetings and meetings with external stakeholders/partners; prepares and distributes minutes to appropriate staff.
- Provides reception/switchboard relief and back-up duties to other clerical support positions, as required.
- Ad hoc duties as assigned.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Strong organizational skills and pays attention to detail
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Strong interpersonal/teamwork & communication skills
- Excellent time management/prioritization skills
- Thorough knowledge of general office procedures, including taking minutes, editing reports and correspondence, and electronic/manual records management file systems, including security measures.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
Salary: From $18.00 to $20.00 per hour
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected].